Late Sunday evening the final spreadsheet for the Human Service Conference Committee report was made available; bill language has not been made available, so we do not have the details of the proposals that were included. However, below is a high-level analysis of ARRM Legislative Agenda priorities that made it into the final bill and the level of funding each proposal received:
- Modifications to the DWRS Inflation Adjustments: $87 million in the first biennium/ $225 million in the second biennium
- ICF/DD Rate Modifications: $10 million in the first biennium/ $15 million in the second biennium
- Workforce Incentive Grants for Long Term Services and Supports- Nursing, HCBS, BH, EIDBI: $90 million in one-time funding
- Allowing Unit Based Respite to move to a market rate service: $109 thousand in the first biennium/ $36 thousand in the second biennium
- Alternative Overnight Supervision Licensure Changes: $315 thousand in the first biennium/ $330 thousand in the second biennium
- Shared Service Modifications: $417 thousand in the first biennium/ $43 thousand in the second biennium
ARRM priorities that we believe are not included in the final bill include:
- Adjustments to the ICS framework and service policy changes
- Allowing providers to bill for indirect time when providing IHST
- $4 million appropriation to DEED for a broad caregiver recruitment campaign
Along with these proposals not being included, we were disappointed to see that the proposed rate tiers for Family Residential Service providers were included in the final bill.
We are waiting for the bill language to be made available to fully understand the details of each of these proposals, as soon as we have additional analysis and information to share, we will communicate that with ARRM members.
You can view the spreadsheet here.
Please reach out with any questions.
--Sara Grafstrom, Director of State and Federal Policy