ARRM is a nonprofit association of more than 200 providers, businesses and advocates dedicated to leading the advancement of home and community-based services supporting people living with disabilities in their pursuit of meaningful lives. Founded in 1970, ARRM continues to lead advocacy and training for positive industry reforms that support Minnesotans with disabilities.
We educate, train and connect our members; support quality services and programs; reform licensing and standards; develop industry research; advocate for and enact legislative remedies; and promote awareness of disability services.
Supporting Community Inclusion
ARRM and its members believe:
- People living with disabilities should enjoy the full rights of citizenship.
- What is in the best interest of people living with disabilities is in the best interest of the providers who support them.
- Minnesota needs a viable private provider sector to promote consumer choice, adequate funding, and appropriate regulations.
Representing Home and Community-Based Services Providers
- Offer a broad range of support Home & Community-Based Services to more than 34,000 Minnesotans living with disabilities. People served include those who live in their own homes, in adult foster care settings, and in other community settings.
- Support people with developmental, physical, and intellectual disabilities, as well as brain injury, autism, mental health needs, and more.
- Support people through Intermediate Care Facilities for Developmental Disabilities (ICF/DD), the Developmental Disabilities (DD) Waiver, Brain Injury (BI) Waiver, Community Alternative for Disabled Individuals (CADI) Waiver, and Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver.
- Provide Semi Independent Living Services (SILS) and other community-based services.
- Collectively employ 27,000 staff in Minnesota.
- Maintain a combined payroll of more than $568 million.
What does the acronym 'ARRM' stand for?
The ARRM acronym stands for 'Association of Residential Resources in Minnesota. However, because our members provide a wide range of community-based services in addition to residential supports we now refer to our organization as 'ARRM'.
Recent Annual Reports
Read our annual reports to learn more about the association's major achievements and activities over the past few years.
June 2017-May 2018: Stop the Cut
June 2016-May 2017: Leadership For Long-Term Stability
June 2015-May 2016: Leading & Guiding With Strong Infrastructure
June 2014-May 2015: Advocating & Navigating the Sea of Change
June 2013-May 2014: Leading Members Through Monumental Changes
Form 990, 2016