Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and South and East metro areas; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal services.
Lifeworks Fiscal Services and In-Home Services has an exceptional opportunity for a Registered Nurse and Qualified Professional to join our award-winning organization. The primary responsibility of this role is providing nurse case management services to PCA Choice recipients with complex medical needs.
This position does not involve clinical nursing tasks; rather, it includes the following duties:
• Developing a PCA Care Plan with the service recipient that addresses the recipient’s individualized needs identified in the county PCA Assessment.
• Revising the PCA Care Plan as needed due to changes in the recipient’s health status.
• Developing a month-to-month plan for use of PCA services that is updated bi-annually.
• Providing face-to-face supervision of the PCA staff on a semi-annual basis to evaluate their performance of the duties listed in the PCA Care Plan. Due to Covid, meetings will be conducted remotely for the time being however will be conducted face-to-face when the state requires it.
• Training staff on the use and the care of life sustaining medical equipment.
• Providing strategic consultation and training on health-related state and federal rules, regulations, and requirements.
We offer a flexible schedule, averaging 32 hours per week. The schedule is based on the availability of service participants and their support teams. We offer mileage reimbursement for miles driven for work purposes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate expectations, procedures, and best practices to others; comfortability with remote communication through email, phone, and text.
• Effective time management skills; accountable for managing an autonomous schedule that is established through collaboration with co-workers.
• Strong computer skills; intermediate skills with Microsoft Word and data base software.
• Accurate and timely record keeping.
• Enhanced interpersonal skills to facilitate conversations regarding care plans and necessary supports for individuals.
• Ability to evaluate performance through observation; provide training instruction and performance feed-back to PCA’s.
• A graduate of an accredited school of nursing and is currently licensed in the State of Minnesota as a registered nurse.
• Ability to exercise knowledge and judgment in accordance with professional nursing standards and current health-related state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
• Availability to attend a 3-day Department of Human Services training, Steps for Success, within 6 months from date of hire.
• Candidate must complete and pass a background study; pass a drug screen; have a valid driver’s license free of violation; proof of professional liability insurance and general liability insurance; proof of vehicle insurance; and reliable transportation to travel to service recipients’ homes.
• Preferred: Work experience in human services field, developing health care plans, and evaluating staff performing personal care duties with the individual served.
How to Apply:
Lifeworks Services is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com