Beacon Specialized Living
Mendota Heights, MN
Executive Director of Operations
Beacon Specialized Living provides services to children, teens, and adults with mental health diagnosis and disabilities across the Twin Cities and surrounding areas. We are currently hiring for an Executive Director of Operations to ensure that our services are delivered in accordance with our “I CARE” core values of the organization – Integrity, Compassion, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence. The ideal candidate for this position will have had several years of progressive leadership experience supervising residential programs for people with disabilities.
The Executive Director of Operations will provide oversight, supervision, and guidance to the District Directors to ensure that the programs are being managed in compliance with MN Statute 245D and to continue to look for new avenues for growth and development within their program areas.
All applicants must meet the requirements of a Designated Manager as described in Minnesota Statute 245D to be considered for this role.
Duties of this job include (but are not limited to):
• Maintain a current understanding of applicable licensing requirements to ensure compliance throughout the organization. Adhere to agency policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules and regulations governing services. This includes providing direction and monitoring implementation of policies and procedures through assessment and observation of staff competency.
• Coordinate with District Directors (Designated Managers) to ensure that all aspects of their jobs are complete including Incident Reporting, EUMR’s, and VAA and MOMA Investigations
• Complete initial VAA and MOMA investigations when applicable in conjunction with Quality Assurance.
• Serve as the point of contact for licensing and onboarding new programs.
• Ensure that corrective action is taken when ordered by the Department of Human Services and/or the Department of Health, and that the terms and conditions of ensure licensing and variances are met.
• Serve as interim Designated Manager for programs when there is a vacancy of that role.
• Assist in completion of necessary financial paperwork as applicable and ongoingly monitor to prevent fraud
• Provide ongoing assessment and recommendations to the Regional Vice President of Operations regarding program operations including, but not limited to, referrals, expansion or modification of program services, and use of company resources.
• Maintain knowledge of and communication with, community resources related to program operations. Promote access for persons served; foster community understanding of Beacon services; and facilitate networking and information exchange with other provider agencies and governmental agencies.
In order to be considered for this job the applicant must meet the following educational and work experience:
• Must fulfill the Department of Human Services Chapter 245D Home and Community Based Standards for a Designated Manager. Must be competent to perform the required job duties of a Designated Manager.
• Additionally must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Designated Manager or similar role in a Human Services Agency supporting individuals with disabilities and/or mental health diagnosis.
Minimally must have: (1) a baccalaureate degree in a field related to human services, and one year of full- time work experience providing direct care services to person with disabilities or persons age 65 older; (2) an associate degree in a field related to human services, and two years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 or older; (3) a diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited postsecondary institution and three years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older; or (4) a minimum of 50 hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities; and (5) four years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older under the supervision of a staff person who meets the qualifications identified in (1) to (3) above.
Must successfully complete the Beacon –Minnesota employment background study process, meet licensed driver/insurability requirements, and demonstrate the competencies for a Designated Manager.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position. This position is officed out of our administrative office in Mendota Heights, MN but will require travel throughout the Twin Cities and surrounding areas. We are a growing company and as such the requirements for travel and distance will increase over time.
How to Apply:
Email your resume to Alison Nelson, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com