2017 ARRM Cares Award
An Opportunity to Recognize Direct Support Professionals (DSPs)
The ARRM Cares Award allows member organizations a
way to recognize Direct Support Professionals who demonstrate a
commitment to quality services. ARRM supports and encourages our members
to acknowledge their employees’ dedication and service through this
award process. All 2017 nominees will be recognized at the ARRM Annual Conference during the awards ceremony on June 8, 2017 in Prior Lake.
Several outstanding nominees will also be chosen by our selection committee to receive the ARRM Cares Award. During the event each award winner will be honored with a special video and their nomination story will be shared.
Nominations for the 2017 ARRM Cares Award are now closed.
Please note that late submissions will not be considered for the award. All award decisions are based on the criteria noted below. All nominations are printed for event attendees and may be shared publicly by ARRM. Please ensure that submissions are professionally written and do not include confidential information. Nominations are subject to editing by the selection committee for length, consistency, clarity, and grammar.
Employees eligible for nomination meet the following criteria:
- An agency must be an ARRM Member to submit a nomination
- Staff must do direct care for at least 75 % of their total job
- Each agency may nominate up to 2 % of their direct support professionals
- One nominee per form – no group nominations (i.e., please don't nominate an entire program site)
- Five hundred (500) word limit – additional words will be edited prior to consideration
In order to assist the Selection Committee in choosing several outstanding nominees for the ARRM Cares Award, please describe specific examples of how the nominee has impacted the day-to-day quality of a person’s life or a significant event that has enhanced a person’s life.
Nominations should demonstrate the following:
- Professional Integrity: supporting persons served while maintaining professionally appropriate boundaries, maintaining high standards to benefit persons served, co-workers, and the organization
- Networking Supports: advocating to connect persons served with natural support systems
- Creating Innovative, Person Centered Approaches to Services: personalizing services, demonstrating an ability to develop and implement new approaches and sharing successful results
Check out examples of previous selected nominations
ARRM Cares Award Nomination
All nominations must be submitted using the online form by January 18, 2017. The nomination period is now closed.
Please note: photos of all nominees will be included in a video shown at the ARRM Cares Award Event and printed in a conference booklet, so please sent a high quality photo that shows the nominee in their best light.